Your Baby Can Read


We have friends that own "My Baby Can Read" books and dvd's. I actually saw their child, who is only about 2 weeks older than Jane, pick up a flash card with the word bubbles. She could read it. That is very impressive. I want Jane to learn how to read before she is two!

We now own the "My Baby Can Read" books and dvd's (courtesy of Ebay). I have watched a dvd with Jane almost every day for the last few months. She does not seem to be learning these words like our friend's daughter. Jane loves watching these videos and I know she is actually learning from them. Her favorite group of words to say is "Arms Up" and "Arms Down". These are a couple of the words in the video. She says these over and over again throughout the day. She loves the songs If You're Happy and You Know It.., Head, Shoulder, Knees, and Toes, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, and Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Whenever I mention the word video, Jane gets very excited. I am not sure why I call it a video because it is a dvd. Who owns videos anymore anyway? They are so 80's. Well, we do. We have a lot of Disney videos and a VCR to play them on. Let me see, does anyone have records? Not me. My kids have never seen a record before. I thought I was talking about the video series...sorry I got off topic. Anyway...

Yesterday, Jane did say mouth and baby before the words were said on the dvd (not video), I do not know if that was a fluke or she is actually learning words or not. I have to admit I was a little jealous about our friend's daughter, but I am not anymore. Jane loves watching the "videos" and she is learning from them. That is what counts, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment