Student Teaching

Finally, I started student teaching about 10 days later than I was suppose to. I have to drive a little over an hour to get to the school. I am not looking forward to this drive every day but at least I am student teaching. I am in a 4th grade resource class. The class is set up like this. The first two hours, the students are in a general education 4th grade class. There are six students and the students are split between two 4th grade classrooms. I am to help the students with their work and keep focussed on their work. The students get off track easily. After recess, the students have math in the resource classrooom. First, students have a math minute to do and a math lesson. Today, the lesson was on multiplication with decimals. The students then proceed to lunch. After lunch, the students work on a DOL sentence on the whiteboard followed by working on SRA's. I worked one on one with a student who is a first grade reader who will not do anything unless someone is sitting with him. At the end the day, the teacher reads Charlotte's Web to the class. The last hour of class, there are not any students in the resource class. Tomorrow will be another day of observation. The teacher has given me an assignment to ccome up with a couple of math art projects for next week. I am excited to do my student teaching in a resource classroom because I want to become a resource teacher.

0 comments:

Post a Comment