Word of the Day

The Word of the day is focus. This is something that the students in the resource room can not do. I am in a general education class with three resource students during the first two hours a day. These three students cannot keep focused for more than five seconds. This is not a joke. One student tries to sleep while the other two students want to play swords with their pencils. The problem increases when there is a substitute in the classroom who can not control the class. It is interesting to watch another substitue teacher try to control the class since I have been a substitute teacher for many years now. I felt sorry for the teacher a little but it was kind of funny watching him fight a loosing battle. I have been in his shoes many times.

The teacher that I am student teaching in told me many times that I need to keep the resource students focused in the class. This is challenging but almost impossible to keep the students focused.

Tomorrow, I will be teaching my first lesson in the class. I am going to have the class make a multiplication house and than the students will practice multiplication using the houses. Let's see how I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment