Finally Grown Up

I feel like I am becoming an adult. In reality, I have been an adult for a long time. I have been married for almost 10 years and I have three beautiful daughters. The problem is that I have not started my career yet. Since high school, I've had many different jobs. These jobs include: McDonalds, dishwasher (4 hours), Imperial Electic, Stage Stop gas station, Steve Humphrey's Painting, Post Office, Kmart, Rosie Sweet Shoppe (family business), and Mojave and Tehachapi Unified School District as a substitute. None of these jobs is what I call a career.

These past few years while living in California, I have been going to college to find a job that I will enable to support my family. My first idea was an accountant but I did not see myself sitting behind a desk all day. My second idea was to become a X-Ray tech but was one course short to enter the program so I worked on my Business Management degree. The career that I have finally decided upon is an Elementary school teacher. I currently have a masters degree in education and I am a certified teacher. I am looking for a teaching position as a K-6 teacher.

AM I A GROWN-UP YET? No- I am not but I am getting close. I hope I do not ever become completely a grown up. What I want is to have a career to be able to support my young family. Being a elementary teacher will help grow up a bit but not too much.

Come along on my jouney as I become a grown up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment